The Tarzan Jump (ターザンジャンプ) (used from SASUKE 3-17, except from SASUKE 10-12) or Tarzan Rope (ターザンロープ) (used from SASUKE 18-34) is the penultimate obstacle in SASUKE's First Stage since SASUKE 3. It was removed in SASUKE 35, indirectly by the Dragon Glider due to space constrain.
Competitors must grab onto a rope and swing to the next obstacle, either:
- the Rope Climb (from SASUKE 3 to SASUKE 17),
- the Rope Ladder (from SASUKE 18 to SASUKE 29), or
- the Lumberjack Climb (from SASUKE 30 to SASUKE 34).
- With the introduction of the Lumberjack Climb, competitors must grab onto a rope and swing it to reach the landing platform floating above the water. Once the competitors traversed the Lumberjack Climb, the landing platform from the Tarzan Rope was pulled away (similar to the starting platform from any variant of the Salmon Ladder in SASUKE).
From SASUKE 10 to SASUKE 12, a different obstacle (also called the Tarzan Rope) directly preceded the Rope Climb. This version, however, only had 6 competitors failed in its appearance in 3 tournaments, resulting the Tarzan Jump was brought back in the next tournament.
During the broadcast of Ninja Warrior, the Tarzan Jump/Tarzan Rope was not seen an obstacle in its own right, and was considered as a part of the Rope Climb/Rope Ladder. From SASUKE 18 to SASUKE 27 (which was the last SASUKE tournament to be edited and aired on G4, due to Monster9's bankruptcy on November 2011), the Tarzan Rope and Rope Climb was called collectively as the Final Climb.
American Ninja Warrior Appearances
Las Vegas National Finals
Later, the Tarzan Rope appeared as the final obstacle in Stage One from American Ninja Warrior 4 to American Ninja Warrior 6. However, just like during G4's broadcast of Ninja Warrior, the obstacle was combined with the Rope Ladder, and collectively called both of them as the Final Climb.
On American Ninja Warrior 7, the Tarzan Rope part of the Final Climb was replaced by an angled platform at the starting platform and three jumping bars, resulting the introduction of a new obstacle as the Triple Swing.
Tarzan Đu Dây (SASUKE Vietnam's official name for the Tarzan Rope) appeared as the fifth obstacle in Stage 1B on SASUKE Vietnam 1, SASUKE Vietnam 3 and SASUKE Vietnam 4. On SASUKE Vietnam 2, the obstacle became the fifth obstacle in Stage 1A. The Tarzan Rope used on SASUKE Vietnam was the same as the Tarzan Rope from SASUKE 30 to SASUKE 34 (since the competitors must traverse the Lumberjack Climb after that).
On SASUKE Vietnam 1, the obstacle had a 93,88% completion rate in Stage 1B, eliminating 3 out of 49 competitors who attempted it.
Competitors' Success Rate
- All results based on the TBS broadcast and external information found