The obstacle was made up of five sections of bungee cords, each of varying size:
- The first and second sections were the same size,
- The third section was sightly larger,
- The fourth section was double the size of the third, and
- The fifth was half the size of the first and second sections.
Competitors had to use those five sections to cross to the other side. The cords provided little support and caused a very unstable ground.
While the obstacle was designed to eliminate competitors, it proved much easier than anticipated and no competitors failed it.
Most competitors would step, fall onto the bungee cords, and crawl to the other side. Nagano Makoto walked across it as if it was a sidewalk.
American Ninja Warrior Appearances
The Bungee Bridge returned in Northeast and Southeast region on American Ninja Warrior 4, with the bungees were at the same size, length, and distance from each other. Although only a handful of competitors failed on this obstacle, it famously eliminated Ryan Stratis during Southeast region qualifiers (when he tripped on the bungee cords, touched the ground mat, and disqualified).
Competitors' Success Rate
- All results based on the TBS broadcast and external information found