Allyssa Beird is an elementary school teacher from Marlborough, MAAmerican Ninja Warrior 8 and even though she failed Rolling Thunder, she did manage to grab the final spot in the top 30 and help make history as one of four women that advanced to the city finals.
In the city finals, she failed the Rolling Thunder again but was selected to compete in the national finals as a wildcard. Her run on stage one was digested but it was shown that she failed the Propeller Bar.
Allyssa returned to compete in Cleveland in American Ninja Warrior 9.
In Qualifying she had a close call on the I-Beam Gap but she became the first competitor that night that cleared it. and she became just the sixth woman ever to scale the Warped Wall and the fifth woman ever to complete a qualifying course, (Akbar even tossed her an apple from where he was in the host stand). Allyssa placed 14th and moved on to the city finals. In the city Finals Allyssa made it all the way to the Nail Clipper before falling, but made it into the women's top 2 and advanced to Vegas.
In the National Finals, she became the second woman to complete Stage One in ANW history and just the third woman to do so in any SASUKE/Ninja Warrior competition, the others being Jessie Graff last season and Tanabe Chie on SASUKE 2. Allyssa finished with 8.48 seconds left on the clock and advanced to Stage Two where she failed on the Criss-Cross Salmon Ladder's second transition across.
Allyssa returned to compete in Philadelphia in American Ninja Warrior 10. But this time, she competed along with her mother. While her mother failed the Spinning Bowties, Allyssa reached the Warped Wall where she failed to scale the mega one on her one attempt but managed to scale the regular 14’6’ wall and hit the buzzer making history as one of three women that hit the buzzer in Philadelphia. She placed 11th overall at the end of the night. (Akbar even tossed her another apple from where he was in the host stand).
- Beird won the second season of Team Ninja Warrior as a member of Joe Moravsky's Storm Team.
- Beird became only the sixth woman to ever defeat the Warped Wall on American Ninja Warrior, as well as the fifth woman to ever complete a city qualifying course, during the Cleveland qualifiers on American Ninja Warrior 9.
- During this run, she also became the first of two females to complete a city qualifying course on American Ninja Warrior 9. The other being Jesse LaBreck, who also completed the qualifying course in Cleveland.
- Beird is the first woman ever to be the first finisher, male or female, in a city qualifying course.
- Beird was the second woman to ever complete Stage One in the Vegas finals during American Ninja Warrior 9. She also became the second woman to ever attempt Stage Two in the Vegas finals.
|ANW 8||Failed Propeller Bar (First Stage)|
|ANW 9||Failed Criss-Cross Salmon Ladder (Second Stage)||Tried to skip a rung on the final transition across|